Understanding Space Using Systems Tool Kit® (STK) online
An Introduction to Astronautics and Space Systems Engineering
TSTI’s acclaimed Understanding Space Course is now available 100% online! Based on the award-winning text Understanding Space: An Introduction to Astronautics, this is the same space training course presented to over 20,000 space professionals from NASA, NRO, ESA, US Air Force, and major companies in the space industry. Previously this course was only available to aerospace organizations and their personnel onsite. Now it is available to all space systems engineering professionals and the general public through this unique online course! This course is designed to make you “space smart,” by building your understanding and appreciation for the complex requirements of space missions. All topics are reinforced with hands-on exercises using Systems Tool Kit® (STK)!
Space Systems Engineering Course Topics:
Space In Our Lives
• Space in Our Lives
• Elements of a Space Mission
• A Brief History of Space
• The Space Enterprise
• Space Systems Engineering
• Mission Management, Space Operations
• Down to Earth Issues Exploring Space
• History of Early Explorers and the Coming of the Space Age
Orbits & Trajectories
• The Space Environment
• Understanding Orbits
• 2-body Problem and Constants of Motion
• COEs, Ground Tracks and Basic Orbits
• Perturbations and Special Orbits
• Maneuvers, Rendezvous
• Launch & Reentry
• Observation Payloads
• Electrical Power
• Attitude and Orbit Control
• Communication, Data Handling
• Structures and Thermal
• Rockets, Launch Vehicles
Your Space Adventure Starts Here!
Space 102 ($129):
Want a basic introduction to understanding space and AGI’s Systems Tool Kit® software?
• 24 guided lectures – presented by the author of Understanding Space – spanning every aspect of space mission design, development, technology and operations – nearly the equivalent of a semester-long course!
• Continuous feedback on your progress through study guides and quizzes
• Carefully planned exercises giving you hands-on experience wit many key features of STK
• Explore topics of interest with In-depth learning modules on a growing range of space issues, technologies and missions
• 100% self-paced – you have up to 4 months to complete the course on your own time when it is convenient for you!
• 24/7 access to all course material through our exclusive learning management system
• Certificate of Completion with 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Space 104 ($189):
Want to dive a bit deeper into astronautics? In addition to everything in Space 102, you also receive:
- An electronic copy of the award-winning Understanding Space text (a $50 value!) plus get 2 extra months, 6 months total, to complete the course.
Space 106 ($299):
Are you a Space Professional who needs to master basic astronautics? In addition to everything in Space 104, you will also receive:
• One-on-one mentoring from one of TSTI’s award winning instructors. Your Personal Course Mentor will guide you every step of the way to achieve your learning goals!
• A detailed mission design project to apply what you’ve learned each step of the way
• Certificate of Competence with 5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
• Optional LinkedIn endorsement of your astronautics skills