Understanding Space Using Systems Tool Kit® (STK) online
An Introduction to Astronautics and Space Systems Engineering
TSTI’s acclaimed Understanding Space Course is now available 100% online! Based on the award-winning text Understanding Space: An Introduction to Astronautics, this is the same space training course presented to over 20,000 space professionals from NASA, ESA, US Air Force, and major companies in the space industry. Previously this course was only available to aerospace organizations and their personnel onsite. Now it is available to all space systems engineering professionals and the general public through this unique online course! This course is designed to make you “space smart,” by building your understanding and appreciation for the complex requirements of space missions. All topics are reinforced with hands-on exercises using Systems Tool Kit® (STK)! Please note that the STK license provided by AGI and required for these courses is only available to U.S. citizens currently residing in the United States.
Space Systems Engineering Course Topics:
Space In Our Lives
- Space in Our Lives
- Elements of a Space Mission
- A Brief History of Space
- The Space Enterprise
- Space Systems Engineering
- Mission Management, Space Operations
- Down to Earth Issues Exploring Space
- History of Early Explorers and the Coming of the Space Age
- The Space Environment
- Understanding Orbits
- 2-body Problem and Constants of Motion
- COEs, Ground Tracks and Basic Orbits
- Perturbations and Special Orbits
- Maneuvers, Rendezvous
- Launch & Reentry
- Observation Payloads
- Electrical Power
- Attitude and Orbit Control
- Communication, Data Handling
- Structures and Thermal
- Rockets, Launch Vehicles
Your Space Adventure Starts Here!
Understanding Space Using STK includes:
- 24 guided lectures – presented by the author of Understanding Space – spanning every aspect of space mission design, development, technology and operations – nearly the equivalent of a semester-long course!
- Continuous feedback on your progress through study guides and quizzes
- Carefully planned exercises giving you hands-on experience with many key features of STK. (Please note that the STK license provided by AGI and required for this course is only available to U.S. citizens currently residing in the United States.)
- Explore topics of interest with In-depth learning modules on a growing range of space issues, technologies and missions
- 100% self-paced – you have up to 4 months to complete the course on your own time when it is convenient for you!
- 24/7 access to all course material through our exclusive learning management system
- Certificate of Completion with 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Earn an 80% on the final exam and you are also eligible for our Certified Space Professional digital badge.
Want to dive a bit deeper into astronautics? Purchase an Add-On package to receive all of the above plus:
- An 2 extra months, 6 months total, to complete the course.
- One-on-one mentoring from one of TSTI’s award winning instructors. Your Personal Course Mentor will guide you every step of the way to achieve your learning goals!
- A detailed mission design project to apply what you’ve learned each step of the way
- Certificate of Competence with 5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Cost – $129 for Understanding Space Using STK; $329 for Understanding Space Using STK with the Mentor Add-On