TSTI Digital Badges
What is a digital badge?
Open or digital badges are web-enabled versions of a credential or certification which can be verified online. They allow you to share your qualifications in real-time via a variety of platforms and social media. TSTI verifies your credentials and partners with Credly’s platform to issue you a badge to share embedded in your resume, through social media, on your web page or via email.
Communicating your credentials in an ever-expanding online marketplace can be challenging. TSTI understands that digital badges are trusted by colleagues, employers and your peers in the space industry and wants to provide you with the tools necessary to achieve your professional goals.
How do I earn a digital badge?
We have two types of digital badges.
To earn a Certified badge you need to complete the required course and score 80% or higher on the corresponding final exam. We currently offer five Certified badges:
- Certified Space Professional which requires completion of TSTI’s Understanding Space course
- Certified Human Spaceflight Professional
- Certified Model-Based Systems Engineer
- Certified Space Missions Designer which requires completion of Designing Space Missions and Systems
- Certified Space Operations Engineer which requires completion of Space Mission Operations
Attendance badges do not require a final exam. The only requirement is 80% or more attendance during the course. We currently offer attendance badges for the following courses:
- Applied Space Systems Engineering
- Designing Space Missions & Systems
- Foundations of Digital Engineering
- Human Spaceflight
- Mission Design Workshop
- Mission Engineering
- Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Space Domain Cybersecurity
- Space Launch & Transportation Systems
- Space Systems Verification and Validation
- Understanding Space
If you have already taken the course and would like to request your badge, please fill out the form here.
Benefits of a digital badge
Proof of your skills
Click on the badge to display verified information, such as the skills learned, the steps needed to earn it and the issue and expiration dates.
Shareable on a variety of platforms
Web sites, emails, social media, anywhere you can add a hyperlink.
No additional cost
The cost of the course with the digital badge is the same as without it.
Access to labor market insights
Based on your skills, you can search and apply for job opportunities right through the Credly platform.
How does it work?
- Complete the necessary coursework.
- Attend at least 80% of the virtual or on-site course.
- For Certified badges, score 80% or higher on the final exam.
- Receive an email with a link to the badge.
- Click on the link in the email to set up an account with Credly.
- Claim your badge and start sharing!